“Angelina is a pretty little mouse who wants more than anything else to become a ballerina. She dances all the time – even when she’s supposed to be doing chores or getting ready for school. Her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Mouseling, are in despair – but then they think of a plan. They decide it’s time for Angelina to go to ballet school – and she works hard for years and years until she becomes the famous ballerina Mademoiselle Angelina!”
Angelina Ballerina is every little girl’s fairy tale! She is a mouse on a mission and the book follows her throughout her life, from dreaming of dancing as a little girl to becoming a star. It’s a great “girl power” read–and here’s a fun, girly project to go with it!
- 11″ x 14″ canvas panels
- pink/purple cardstock
- pink/purple craft paint
- paper plate (for paint)
- ribbon and paper/silk flowers
- glue (Mod Podge would work great too!)
1. Cut a leotard shape out of the cardstock.
2. Glue the leotard to the canvas panel, leaving plenty of space at the bottom for handprints.
3. Put a dollop of paint on the paper plate and let kids coat the bottom of their hand in it, then help them carefully make handprints around the bottom of the leotard (base of handprint should start at the waist of the leotard).
4. Glue the ribbon and flowers (or you can just tie the ribbon in a bow as shown) at the waist of the leotard to make the top of the tutu.
That’s it! So simple. Hang on the wall as a beautiful piece of art!
You can view the original tutorial at New Every Morning.