“Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You’re in red-hot trouble.”
Dragons Love Tacos is such a great book. The writing style is very unique, the pictures are engaging and the story is just plain fun! Plus, it gets your tummy thinking about yummy tacos…perfect for this week’s project!
Easier than crumbly taco shells for kiddos’ little hands–and more fun to fill! See instructions below.
- Large flour tortillas (if making a 12-muffin pan of shells, you’ll need 6 tortillas)
- Ground beef
- Sour cream
- Mild salsa (in the interest of sticking with the book’s instructions)
- Shredded cheese
- Olives (optional)
1. Cook ground beef and chop up lettuce and tomatoes. Place ingredients in separate bowls.
2. Split your tortillas in half.
2. Join the ends of tortilla halves to form a bowl. Place in muffin pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas are crispy.
4. Let kids fill their own taco bowls with whatever they’d like!
Photo Credit: http://smartschoolhouse.com/eats-and-sweets/super-bowls-individual-7-layer-dip/2