October is my favorite month, in part because Halloween is my favorite holiday but equally because I love pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin scones, pumpkin soup- it’s all delicious.
Pumpkin and other gourds, like acorn squash and kabocha squash are incredibly healthy and nutritious. They are fibrous, loaded with beta-carotene, (form of vitamin A) and full of potassium and vitamin C.
Beyond nutritious, kids love pumpkin as much as adults. They’re colorful, flavorful and are the perfect food for the changing season.
Below are some of my favorite healthy pumpkin meals that your kids will certainly approve of!
- Pumpkin Pie Roasted Almonds
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Roasted Pumpkin Seed Hummus
- Pumpkin Spiced Nut and Seed Bars
- Pumpkin Almond Butter
- Pumpkin Red Lentil Chili
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted Rosemary Pumpkin with Black Rice and Cashews
- Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Pumpkin Hummus Quesadillas
- Baked Pumpkin Risotto
- Lentil Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Black Bean Patties
- Zucchini Pasta with Roasted Pumpkin Spice